Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cruel Summer tease....


Katniss felt her heart sink a little.  She didn’t want to hurt him, but she didn’t want to compromise what she wanted out of the summer.  She was there to work, make money, and make sure Prim had a good time.  

When it came down to it, Peeta would only complicate things.  

“Look Peeta, I know that….I was harsh when I said that to Cato about….well, what I said.  I was serious.  I can’t afford to concentrate on anything but work and Prim this summer.  I hope you don’t take it personally.”

Peeta’s face fell, but he quickly regained his composure.  “No, that’s….I get it.  Family is important, so….that’s cool.  That’s great, actually.”
 
“But we can still be friends,” she quickly added. 

Peeta looked up at her, his face serene but his blue eyes stormy.  “Right,” he agreed softly, “Just friends.”

No comments:

Post a Comment