Sunday, March 20, 2011

TwiNetwork: Iron Pen Challenge

I entered in the first official TwiNetwork Iron Pen challenge!  I wanted to share my entry with you all, so here it is.  Although I didn't win, this was a great experience and I highly recommend participating in it.  This was my *first* attempt at writing Edward/Bella, so please enjoy!

I had thirty minutes to write this piece, so take it for what it's worth.  Either way, I'm pretty proud of it.

x-x-x-x-x-x-

'Vampire Baseball'
"She'll be fine tonight, I promise."

I smiled weakly at Esme as she cradled my sleeping daughter in her pale arms. Renesmee was only a month old today, and it felt wrong to leave her for more than a few seconds. However, it was also just as difficult to refuse my newborn instincts.

Tonight, those instincts were telling me that I wanted to be alone with Edward. When Esme had offered to take care of her for the night, I had readily agreed. It was the first night in several weeks that we would be completely alone, for we hated leaving her. Even though I loved nothing more than to be with my husband, I knew I would miss my daughter.

"She always sleeps like an angel," Carlisle assured me, appearing behind his wife. Esme smiled up at him, stroking Renesmee's bronzed curls.

"She'll be fine love," Edward's gentle voice cut through my thoughts. He softly caressed my elbow, his velvet-like touch giving me a chill. My body knew what was to come. As much as I would miss my daughter tonight, our empty cottage was beckoning.

"I'll be back at dawn…maybe before then," I promised, my voice just above a whisper. Edward gave me another gentle tug, and I finally turned and followed him. With one graceful leap, he was over the back railing of the house and on the damp ground below. I followed, only to land in my husband's arms.

"I know you'll miss her…but tonight is just about us." I didn't miss the mischievous gleam in Edward's golden eyes. He wanted the same thing I did.

I felt another anticipatory chill race through my newborn body. An image of Edward sprawled across our white sheets entered my mind, and I could feel myself growing antsy.

"Take me home," I whispered urgently. With one wicked smile, he was off. Resting my head against his chest as he ran, I merely closed my eyes for a second before I felt him stop.

"We're home," he said softly, letting my feet touch the ground. I opened my eyes, dropping gracefully out of his arms. I was still getting used to my new body and all of it's grace.

We walked inside our cottage, holding hands and giggling to each other like teenagers. We both knew what was going to happen; it was inevitable. Anticipation hung in the air as we entered our bedroom together, finally turning to face one another.

"You're perfect," he murmured, cradling my face in his hands. I closed my eyes and reveled in the feeling of his lips as they pressed against my forehead in a sweet kiss.

"I'm still getting used to it," I admitted. He smiled, his warm golden eyes looking me up and down.

"You had me fooled. This vampire thing…it suits you," he replied with a smirk.

"See? I knew all along," I replied, letting him follow me to the bed. He sat down on the soft white comforter, his gaze making me lick my lips.

"You fell into it perfectly," he practically purred, pulling me to stand in front of him.

"Oh?"

"Mmm…" he hummed, pressing his face against my stomach. Lifting the hem of my simple black shirt, he began by placing a kiss just above my navel. The feeling of his silky mouth against my new sensitive skin already had me reeling. I still couldn't believe that he was mine forever.

"There's still things I want to…do," I choked out as he pulled my shirt over my head. He leaned back on the bed, pulling me into his lap. I perched on top of him easily, my hands resting on his broad, muscular shoulders. The feeling of the raw power encased in those arms made me squirm on his lap.

"What do you want to do then?"

"I want to do this….outside," I admitted, pulling his shirt off as well. I began to breath deeper as I felt his lips against the tops of my breasts. He always kissed them as if they were the most perfect breasts he had ever seen, and I would be eternally grateful for that. Edward gave me a confidence that I never knew I could have - and most of it he had given me in the bedroom.

"What else, love?"

I made a face as the next answer came to my lips. "I want to play baseball?"

Edward stopped. "Baseball?"

I nodded. "Like that day….when, you took me with your family. I wanted to be like you then. That was the first time I really…really wanted to be just like you."

He laughed, rubbing his hands down my spine and eliciting a growl from deep within me. "Well I think you'll have to wait for a storm to play real baseball. But I think I can offer a substitute for tonight," he replied, his voice low and raspy. I swallowed the venom that had pooled in my mouth at the sight of him beneath me, and I had to concentrate to keep my focus.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well," he began, running his hands down my sides, "I believe, if what I've learned in the minds of high school boys over the years is correct….that we've already been to first base."

I felt a slow, seductive smile creep onto my face. "Oh? And remind me again what first base is?"

"Gladly," he purred, tangling his hands in my hair. He gently pulled me down enough to press his perfect mouth against mine. He groaned as I swiped my tongue out and tasted his lips.

"I take it you enjoy first base?"

"I do…but I want to get….to second," I managed to squeak out between kisses. He smiled.

"Again, gladly. Second base….is….also very nice," he said. With vampire speed, he flipped me over on my back, hovering over me like a predator.

Leaning on one elbow, he ripped my jeans off my body with lightning fast speed.

"Edward!"

"It's for baseball, Bella. Relax…" he replied. I let my head fall against the pillow as he ran his hand up the side of my body, an appreciative growl rolling through his chest. His hand ran over my breast, lightly squeezing my nipple through my bra. With another lightning fast motion, it was on the floor.

"Edward," I groaned again as his lips closed over my nipple. He hummed against my skin, making wetness pool between my thighs.

On instinct, my hand reached up and cupped him through his khakis. He was hard and ready. With more confidence than I would normally have, I reached up and ripped the waistline of his khakis. He helped me pull the shredded material off, and soon we were both free of all clothing. Pieces of fabric lay scattered around the bed, but neither one of us cared.

"Second base is equally as fun," I admitted, opening my eyes to see him still hovering above me. He dipped his fingers into my sex, eliciting another appreciative moan from me. He smiled, flashing his teeth at me.

"You're so beautiful when you let go, Bella."

I sighed and arched my back as I felt him lower himself on my body, his mouth making a hot trail of kisses and soft bites down my body. My sensitive skin felt like it was going to explode as he breathed on my chest, then my navel, and finally to the place where I wanted him most.

"I think you'll like third base as well?"

I panted as he kissed my center, gripping the sheets beside me. "I'm not going to be able to handle….a hit, or…when the bases are loaded…or a home run…or whatever…" I moaned.

Edward chuckled darkly before his tongue began to caress me. Slowly and sweetly he worshipped me with his mouth…his perfect, vampire mouth that had haunted my dreams for so many sexually frustrated nights.

"Oh…Oh God, Edward…I can't…." I moaned as he brought me closer and closer. He looked up, grinning at me as I arched my back and growled. A loud rip echoed in the room as the white comforter we were laying on gave way to my strong grip.

He laughed, lifting himself up. "We're rounding third base love…it's been a great game so far."

I groaned, biting my lip. "Ugh…stupendous. Edward…" I whined, my hand finding his shoulder.

He chuckled again before nestling himself between my legs. I could feel his hardness against my aching sex, and I was yearning for him. I wanted to feel him like I had so many times before. Being with Edward was never disappointing; he never left me unsatisfied.

"The bases are loaded now, Bella….should we bring it home?" he asked, using his hand to rub his refection against my folds. I licked my lips as my body ignited with passion for the man on top of me.

"Yes…God yes…" I heard myself growl.

"I'm going for a grand slam," he said, sinking himself into me. His body collided with mind in complete bliss. I cried out in joy as he filled me to the hilt, quickly setting a frenzied pace. Faster and faster he went, pouring himself into me like molten lava.

"Fuck Bella," he growled.

"Oh Edward…ah…" I moaned as I felt my body explode. I saw stars in front of my eyes as I came, his own body slamming against mine. It felt like heaven even as we both came down from our euphoric high. Rolling off of me, he pulled me to his chest as we both panted slightly from our game.

"Well….what did you think of your first game of vampire baseball?"

I laughed, propping myself up on my elbow. "Not what I had in mind…but…Edward?"

"Yes, Bella?"

"I'm going to have a hard time keeping a straight face when your family talks about playing baseball from now on."


1 comment:

  1. well...that's the best baseball game i ever read about :) too bad you didn't win~ i just LOVE your words,you do have a way of expressing yourself :)
    great short story~keep writing!!!!! yeah i'm gonna LAUGH the next time i watch twilight ;) you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete