Thursday, September 23, 2010

"I'm totally not a wolf girl, but I'm falling in love with your Seth..."

I get that quote in about 75% of my reviews for Love This Pain.  

I secretly high five myself when I do get it, but that's beside the point.  

Not liking Seth Clearwater in the Twilight Saga book is like kicking a puppy.  How can you not like Seth?  For the record, I used a 'Team Seth' icon on Twitter for almost a week, and all I got were 'I love Seth!' random comments all the time.  I thought it was great!  I've literally never met a person who didn't like his character.  

Vamp girls, wolf girls, team Both girls...I get them all.  

I re-read Breaking Dawn for the zillionth time this summer, and I found a quote from Edward that I thought pretty much summed up my feelings about Seth.  Here is the scene, found on page 343 of BD.

"Hey, tell your sister to back off now, okay? Enough."

Seth nodded once.

I shoved agaisnt his shoulder this time.  "Get back to work.  I'll spell you in a bit."

Seth leaned against me, shoving me back, and then he galloped into the trees."

"He has one of the purest, sincerest, kindest minds I've ever heard," Edward murmured when he was out of sight.  "You're lucky to have his mind to share."

That alone is probably one of my favorite quotes in the entire series because it is so meaningful.  Edward can see into every deep, dark corner of Seth's mind, and that is what he chooses to say about him.  How beautiful is that?  That is the Seth I try to write in LTP.  I hope they match, because that is what I'm going for.  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment